Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

June 11, 2008

I hope this goes through. I will not be able to give you a comprehensive feeling for the last few weeks, but I will try my best. First off, I want to say Thank You to all of you and the wonderful example that you provide for me. The mission plays a very important role in my life, and really helps me to set my sights and what I want to become in the future. Second off, I am doing great. Do not worry about me. Physically, I am tired of course, but it is great! Emotionally, I am tired of course, but it is great! Spiritually, I am fed! and want more!! By the way, I guess there are some really great discourses about Joseph Smith given by Truman G. Madsen. I hope to be in a car area soon, considering I should be getting my license a week from now, and they sure would be great!!!

Elder McIntosh and I are getting along great, with the normal bumps and bruises that come with living with someone for 24 hours a day. I hope that I am not too difficult. We all do little things that we don't even mean to do. That work is going along. We are still working with many of the same people, and picking up new doesn't happen often. One of the reasons for that is because we don't have much time to find new people. We really have to get better at time management to increase our ability to find people. We have been meeting with members often, and that is one reason why we don't have much time. We are helping them to do the basics, but I didn't really do the basics before my mission, so I wonder how fruitful it is. We will need to go on to really focus on making them better member missionaries. Missionary work is much more effective through members, but it is hard to enthuse them. We have had some really wonderful experiences with the members in the last couple of weeks. I love watching the spirit enter their life even more, and He will be the only way they will be enthused. C***** is looking to get work off on Sundays, and has something in the works. He says he will put in his notice in a couple of weeks if nothing works out. He has so much potential and I really pray that everything will go the way he wants, because he needs it.

S**** and B***** are friends of Brother T****. They have both been falling off the radar, becuase we were too forward with them. Talking about authority and the only true church. We have been focusing more on Christ whenever we get to see them, but they have kind of pulled away. S**** knows that he needs to do what is right and that would be to follow us, but he realizes that it is up to him. We can't do much more than we have done. He says that if he doesn't have everything figured out by Sunday, that he will do whatever we tell him to do, but we will see about that. B***** is in London now, so we are waiting with her. We picked up this great guy named M******. Him coming into the gospel and staying would be a miracle, but he really understands the Great Apostasy and has somewhat of a desire.

The weather has been very nice lately. But it switches every couple of weeks. A couple of times I have felt sunburnt!!! Yes!!

Happy Fathers Day to Dad and the Grandpas!! We do have the best!
Our new mission president will be here for about 2 weeks and he is great. He has never really held a high calling, but I am sure that he is ready for the fire.
I am trying to get a package off today, but if I do not, please don't hate me.
I love all of you. Obedience is happiness.

Elder Davies

No comments: