Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 6, 2008

Hello from rainy Liverpool. Is everyone sure it is August? Maybe we could let England know somehow. I hope that whoever is praying for rain is really enjoying their answered prayers. Teasing aside, it has been quite humid and rainy, and then at other times quite humid and hot. It can change even faster than the weather in Utah. The clouds move so fast.

Today was transfers, another six weeks come and gone!!! By the end of this next transfer, I will roughly have 12 months left on my mission. Scary!! Elder Morrow and I have stayed in Liverpool together. Not many changes around the mission, and especially within our district. Only Elder Fullerton left, with Elder Wheat coming in. Transfers are a time when we are certain to see God's hand. I know that whatever happens, will always be for my good, if I let it. Heavenly Father wants me to learn things, and I will, if I follow Him. I guess these are things that are common to every situation in life, and I am probably just being prepared for the future. Whatever He wants!

I have been taking some more driving lessons this week, which continue to drain my bank account. I am doing well, but the test centre is so packed, I have to wait for six more weeks. Those are lessons that aren't needed. I think I will just stop taking them, and hopefully get some practice in some way.

We also did some service at the P******'s. They continue to be a great help and support to us, so we were happy to do some service at their home. They were getting updated food storage, which has really been pushed in England lately, along with 72-hour packs. I wonder what is going to happen in the next 6 months? Exciting!!!

Sacrament on Sunday was really great, besides the fact that none of our investigators came. I always love Church and especially Fast Sundays. Living outside of Utah helps us hear some great stories, especially conversion stories, from the pulpit. The gospel has to be a huge part of people's lives here for them to survive in the church. That can be why getting people baptized and committed for life can be difficult. I feel for the people of England.

On monday we were able to have a FHE with some members. Elder Morrow prepared a great Gospel Jeopardy game, and I felt like I was back in the days of Seminary. Good times!

On the Investigator front, things have seemed to slow down. Many people have been unavaliable or out of town. C***** is doing well, just trying to make that transition. She has been off cigarettes, or cigi's as they call them here, for a week. She has a fake one that she has to put to her mouth for the habit, but she is doing it. She will be a great support to the church. She has so much fire and determination. We hope to see her baptized in the next two or three weeks. We taught a former investigator named J**** yesterday. She has been taught for a long time, and was wondering what happened to the Elders. She is very old, and has had a hard time keeping the Word of Wisdom and grasping the gospel subjects. We were hoping to give her a couple of lessons to see if it was her time to start living the commandments. We started to explain why God would ask her to give those things up. Nothing was working. We then tried to give her a bigger perspective of it all. Elder Morrow handed her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. She started reading, and just completely forgot about us. We watched her for quite a while, and she suddenly got very excited. She could only say 'Wow'. She was so excited. She said that it just made everything fit together for her. We hope that she was grasping it. She loved it and was so grateful and couldn't wait to see us again. We are going to go by on Friday, and we will see what kind of reaction we get.

In our ward is a wonderful family with three kids named the R******'s. The husband is from Ecuador and the wife from Spain. Their kids are adorable, and they have a brand new one, which I want to hold sooooo badly. It reminded me of the new little ones I will see one day.
Spiritual thought is from Ether 12:32-33. Why did Christ suffer and die for us? Why did he humble himself to an Earthly state from a Heavenly Throne? Why did he subject himself and suffer himself to the voice, opinions, and 'powers' of mortal kings and rulers? And allow Himself to be slain for all people, an infinite atonement to satisfy the demands of justice? We learn from Ether the answer. Such that he could prepare a place for us, even a house among the Mansions of the Father. For this he did all of that.

I love you all and rejoice in the reality of the gospel. Thank you for your constant love and support.

Elder Davies

No comments: