Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

June 25, 2008

It is always great to hear how things are doing back home. One big CONGRATS to Dan and the family for the really great job that I am sure was done to get everything set up for the election. What a great opportunity to be a force for good in this world! It sounds like he had a lot of support, which doesn't surprise me, because that is how we do things, right?

We had a really good week. We did give C***** a baptismal date last week for the 12th of July and he was really happy to agree. Throughout the week we noticed that he was definitely ready to have it moved up, so it has been changed to the 5th of July. We are really excited for it! He came with us to eat at President's house last night. It was great to eat there, and the Jacobsens are always very nice. It will be sad to see them go, because they are so great, but we are excited for a new President, who arrives on Tuesday. The ward is having a farewell party for him on Friday and he is speaking in church on Sunday. I would have loved to be there, but unfortunately I have had a change of scenery today. It is going to be really great here, I can tell. And if I want it to be, then it will be, because attitude is seperate from what happens to us. I have a couple of hints for you to where my new home is. I can't seem to say out of the city areas. I keep on moving from one area to another then back and then back again. European City of culture for 2008. Michael Owen plays on the prestigious team in this place. The Beatles started their stint here. Albert Docks. The river Mersey. If no one has guessed yet, then it is hopeless. I am serving in the heart of Liverpool. I have felt pretty good about the ward, the new area, the new investigators. My new companion is Elder Morrow from Idaho. He seems to be a more athletic type guy, and I look forward to a lot of good work with him. This will be a great opportunity for me to grow. This city is crazy. I would say even crazier than Manchester. I am not going to recap my week as much, because I am looking forward to Liverpool, but I had some great friends in Manchester South. C*****, Brother T****, the whole ward. They were great!

The gospel is great, and it can be difficult for people to understand that, when the light of Christ has diminished within so many people, but I have gained a greater appreciation for it. It is the best thing to live by to make us happy. Better than anything. I will certainly come back with a different attitude towards things of the gospel, but I still have a lot to learn and a lot to do while I am here. Please pray for us and keep on pushing on in the gospel. I hope all is going well back home. Sounds like all of the kids are growing up and the adults are staying busy. I love you all. Let me know of anything I can do.

Elder Davies

No comments: