Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 30th

Hello family. It sure has been a crazy week. I don't think I will ever realize how amazing this is. It definitely has its good times and bad times, but whatever it is I feel safe and confident. The only times I am ever upset is when I don't do something I needed to. I can deal with rejection when I do my best.

England has really brightened up this week, and it has felt great. Who knows how long it will last, but I seem to be blessed abundantly all of the time. It sure is nice to have an amazing family! The learning curve is pretty quick, and Elder Mckenna is so good at picking it up. I think he will train next transfer. We are getting 16 new missionaries this upcoming transfer, so I hope President Jacobsen doesn't have any funny ideas. Whatever he wants me to do, I guess. I think he feels like he has overwhelemed me, so I could see myself being Junior companion to a great missionary next transfer. Whatever it is, let's do the best we can.

I have started to love the English people, especially some members of our ward. There are some amazing, dedicated people in this ward. One of them being the Brogans. I don't know if I have told you about the Brogans, but I think we have seen them every single day for the last week. We use their home and also us Brother Brogan a lot. He is a great missionary, and since he got a car again, he has had plenty of time to hone his skills. I think Sister Brogan wants him back a bit, so we are trying to give him a break, maybe.

I wish I could share and remember everything that has happened. There are little things inside everyday. And not just in a missionaries life. You can see God in your day every single day. I promise you. Something I taught in my District meeting this week (first one) was about the Atonement. There is a great talk, and book, by Stephan A. Robinson called 'Believing Christ'. It has helped me understand the Atonement better. Something I love about the Atonement is that it allows me to have the Spirit. I don't have any of the huge greivous sins that we think about when we think about applying the atonement to our lives, but I do sin. We all do. And God cannot dwell in unholy places. The atonement cleanses us, no matter how big or small our sins, to allow us to have the Spirit, which is so critical in everything we do (read PMG chapter 4). It also allows to just to lay everything, whether it is sin or not, at the Saviors feet. He did not just suffer for our sins, but for our infirmities and trials AND TEMPTATIONS. I love that too. We are not alone in ANYTHING that we go through.

I begin to understand Alma 7:11-13 even more each time I read it. I love the scriptures and the knowledge we get from them. Imagine if we didn't have them! We would be so lost! Everything would be so confusing! Please read 1 Nephi 13 and look at all of the amazing prophecies. I gave a pretty long talk on Sunday about the Book of Mormon. It was great. I love the Book of Mormon. I also love you all, sorry to end so abruptly, but my time is counting down on me. Tra,

Elder Davies

No comments: