Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

From 3/26/08

This area has been hit hard with a lot of interesting missionaries, so Elder Mckenna and I have just had to try to build from ground up. However, we have been blessed. A lot of people express interest and then draw it away, so we could have had it built even more, but we are teaching some great people. Well, mainly just one really good person, and some others that are just as great, but not as gospelly minded. This persons name is Callem, and he is going into it will full purpose of heart. He is going to be baptized in April, we hope. He just wants to be completely ready to make it his whole life, which we love. He is doing his homework and picking up on everything very well. It has been a blessing, because it has been a while since this area has seen a baptism.

We had a man who was a recovering alchoholic drop us because the man who was helping him overcome alchohol told him to stay away from us. We are also teaching a Irish Catholic named Theresa. She belives the Book of Mormon is true, but we are trying to help her understand what that statement entitles. I hope to send you all some pictures soon. I am not getting too fat, mainly because I finally found a companion who will run with me, though we are killing ourselves. I just wanted to leave you with something:

I have been trying to thoroughly read through this month's Ensign all about the Savior. Contained within are many beautiful testimonies of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I hope that everyone gets to read it. I don't remember everything from it, but I desire to share some of my favourite parts from it. Through out the whole magazine there are many different personal testimonies and experiences that people around the world have shared concerning Jesus Christ. I love the see the difference
that He is able to make in the lives of people around the world, not just my life. I know what the Savior has done for me, and it is so much. I can't imagine anyone being able to pull that load, but then I realize that it is that times eternity. His sacrifice is eternal. I know that sounds impossible and quite bold, but I have felt it in my life, and there is no other way to understand than to allow Him into our lives. I promise that as we read the words about the Savior in the scriptures and from the modern-day scripture that we were gain a stronger testimony of Him, and better understand His role in our life. I know that the Spirit will testify of the truth to everyone who desires. It doesn't matter where they may live, how old they may be, or whether they
are a member of the church or not, His sacrifice is for all who come unto Him with full purpose of heart. We will begin to see our view of others and of the world lifted to a new level, and our hope for a better place in the world to come become a reality. President Hinckley gives a beautiful testimony of Him on page seven of the Ensign, under the heading ˜The Focus of Our Faith". Over and over again, the prophets have declared our worship of Christ and our love for Him. I am grateful for men of God on the earth today that speak with God and declare the divinity of His Son, Jesus Christ. I am moved when I think of how
selfless and humble the Savior is. When He had divine power given from on high and struggled through more than any man before, while suffering more temptation in the like manner, He offered Himself as a sacrifice for all mankind. It was His purpose, but it was voluntary. Not just a plan enacted by the Father and thrust upon any soul to save the rest of His Children. But it was willingly offered by His Only Begotten Son. A performance of that manner could only be performed by Christ because of His matchless love and character (for a better and more eloquently stated source of this topic, please read "The Character of Christ" by David A. Bednar). President Packer helps us envision this sacrifice on pg. 15 of the Ensign under "Atonement of Jesus Christ".

I would like to close with my testimony that I love the Savior. He makes it possible for me to gain true happiness in this life and, more importantly, makes it possible for me to take with me to the next life my most precious gifts on Earth. That is my family. I love my family. Please read and study the Ensign. It is inspiring and uplifting. How great it is to have those men that know so much, and have given so much, on the earth to guide us as they are guided by the Holy Ghost. Another thing has also helped me grow in appreciation for the Atonement, and that would be a talk written by Melvin J. Ballard titled, "The
Sacramental Covenant". Another great read. I know that Jesus Christ has made it possible for us to stand before our Father in Heaven again and to cleanse ourselves before Him. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: