Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

From Wednesday April 9

What a wonderful week it has been. Conference was absolutely amazing, and we are just seeing blessings being poured down from Heaven. The Lord wants what is best for all of His Children and we are lucky to receive the guidance through the Spirit for how we can follow His will. It truly will make us very happy. Today was transfers and nothing happened gratefully. I get to stay again!

I learned how to start driving this week. We go out for about an hour with a driving instructor, and have to pay quite a bit, especially when we double it to get it into pounds. I drove manual for the first time, and it did take me a while to get used to it, but I eventually got the hang of it, and I will be able to whiz through these lessons, hopefully.

I received the Leishman Line this week. I love the Leishman Line! Our family is so amazing, and we are receiving so many blessings. I have really come to know this time after time, after seeing what so many people struggle through. I never cease to be amazed while reading the Leishman Line.

We have been focusing teaching members some basic lessons that have been put across by the Bishopric. Our Bishop is quite young, but he is amazing. he is always thinking of missionary work, and these lessons are going to set up this ward to do missionary work for such a long time. It starts with daily scripture study. This will be a Liahona for our whole lives. It must happen daily. The area presidency has challenged each member to bring a soul into the gospel. That means the membership in this whole area would double this year. I know that it can happen, because we can feel it and it came for the area presidency. Satan cannot stop it from happening, only we can. It is true. We wouldn't be asked if it wasn't possible. The work must press forward, and England is lacking a bit lately. Why can't it happen? Is not this the most important work ever? I feel blessed to watch it happen, and it will be something I will always remember.

This week, Elder Mckenna and I found a member that had moved into our area about a month ago. His records had been sent up here from London, but we had never been able to get to him. I wasn't expecting much, but this man is amazing. His name is Brother T****, and he is from Nepal. He is about 28 years old. He moved over here from Nepal and was Hindu. He converted to Christianity a couple of years later, but was being delayed being baptized into the Catholic church. One day sister
missionaries found him, and he progressed quickly. He loves the gospel so much, especially the Prophet Joseph. It means everything to him in his life. We are so excited to have found him. He also loves missionaries, and owns a really great Nepalese resturaunt that he fed us in on Monday. Wow, have we been pampered by members the last couple of days. He
is so excited to go to the temple and to share the gospel with his friends. I cannot even begin to explain how pure and great this guy is.

We have had many great lessons with C***** these last couple of weeks. By his request, we have been teaching ALL of the commandments. He just wants to live the right way. He has taken everything and even stood up to his friends numerous times about his belief. He should be baptized in the end of April, and hasn't only because he had to fight to get work off on Sunday. WE are pretty sure everything is going well, and we are free to date him later this week. Awesome! What a blessing! We
also had a former investigator tell us on the bus a couple of hours ago that she is coming to church this weekend. We had talked to her before, and she had been very funny about it. Suddenly, she just tells us that she is coming this weekend. Awesome!

Sorry, I have very little time. I just want you all to know that I love you. WE are so blessed, I cannot even believe it. Study Conference. I wish I had time to talk about it, but let the Spirit teach you. I love you all,

Elder DAvies

No comments: