Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Thursday, May 8, 2008

May 7th

Everything over here is amazing. We go through so many different things and truly the Lord is the only constant. My mind
just feels flooded with information and trying to remember everything. I just want you to know that I am trying my hardest and am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us so much. I would like to say sorry to Megan and Taylor that they have not yet received birthday letters from me. There really is no good excuse for that. Also, I was told today that I don't talk about my experiences enough. I don't really know why it is that I don't. I do have a hard time talking about anything but the missionary experiences. Some of my missionary friends are helping me to experience some of those things.

The area that I am serving in is very wealthy. There are so absolutely huge houses, and they sure do have nice garden areas. It rains so much here, but lately it has been so nice. I have been sweating for the last couple of days. I am not use to this weather. Today, I am wearing a short leave shirt and no jacket. I feel like one of those Brazil missionaries. We have been doing a lot of service outside lately for members and less-actives. I love doing it. I like being outside and getting my body moving. Speaking of getting my body moving, the Assistants are living with us for the next week. I got to go running for the first time in a while this morning. It was joyous!

The District meetings have not been as hard as I thought they would be. I plan for a lot more than I end up needing. Yesterday I went on an exchange with a new missionary as his District Leader. Really weird to be in that sort of position. It was great though. We are all learning how to better share the gospel, but I am really focusing on how to do it in the most effective way, mainly through members. We got a member referral from a man in California. He plays on line games with a lady who lives in our area, and got talking about what happens after death. Anyway, he asked if he could send some people over, and we have started to make some contact. They have 6 kids!! She is very excited to meet us and he is eager to hear about what happens with the referral he gave. We are planning on meeting with them tonight. We have had so many great things happen.

I think I told you about Brother T****, the recent convert from Nepal. He has such a desire to do missionary work, he bore his testimony about it on Sunday. He also brought one of his friends to church, who we have taught twice since. Sabin is the one he brought to church and is from India. He is so loving and humble, and really wants help to do the right thing. We committed him to be baptized once he feels ready, but we also told him that it mostly just takes a desire, which he has. His friend, Brother Thapa is great with him and we just love member referrals! It makes everything so much better. Everything!

Some of this area is just beautiful. The other night we were walking down a path in a wooded area. Elder Empey, I was on exchanges with him, stopped and started twidling his fingers in the air. I guess he was calling bats, because bats started to swoop close to him, and then fly away once they realize he was not a bug flapping his wings. We did that for about 5 minutes while bats would dive back and forth. It was pretty awesome. I just love experiences like that on the mission. We have
been working with less active woman named M*********. She joined that went to the JW's and is hopefully starting to come back. She is accepting the lessons again, and she feels like an investigator. She is a really lovely lady. I really enjoy making these great relationships with people.

My driving lessons have been going very good. I am starting to pick up on the clutch, and it is very nice. I have six weeks till my test, because it takes that long once you book the test.

I love all of you. Everything here is great.

Elder Davies

No comments: