Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 14th

We had heard about Sister Spjute, but the person I heard it from didn't
know how to pronounce her name, so I didn't even try to make the
connection. That is so incredibly hard. Someone we know. I need to
write
Greg a letter. I thank God for the Plan of Salvation. So many times
we worry about some pretty silly and selfish things.

This week has been pretty crazy. Our investigator pool has completely
vanished. This is a difficult area. We have had many investigators
be
dropped, and some just disappear. We have been working with a man
named Sabin, who is Brother Thapa's friend. He has received a lot of
opposition from his Dad, who has forbidden him to see us. He loves
his
father and is very sad. He has continued to avoid us, although he
knows
that this is true. I also think that the Word of Wisdom was being
very
hard for him. Satan is just so evil with what he does to God's
children. Callem is going to his sisters wedding in Tennessee this
week, so
we have no one to teach. We need to do some hard work, and stop
whining
about it. Good news . . . the Elders that just moved into Sale are
doing great. They received some investigators from us and have been
privelaged to get some new ones. They are going to do very well.
That
will be very nice for the new missionary. We had an amazing zone
conference on Saturday with President Kearon and his wife. He is on
the Europe
West Area Presidency. They talked a lot about exact obedience and
just being more converted missionaries. Both he and his wife were
great.
I need to review my notes more to see what I am going to do.
Missionaries often feel the need to change everything immediately,
because
sometimes it feels like nothing is changing. It is important for us
to
look at what has been asked of us and to make specific goals. I am
trying to remember more of my feelings from Zone Conference, but I
can't
remember much. I just remember that it was great!

The weather hasn't been great lately, but it is supposed to get better
this weekend. It will happen!

My new companion is great, but he has been feeling ill this week. I
had to stay inside the flat for the first time in my mission for a
couple
of hours last night. It was very weird, but I did get some extra
study in! The transfer so far has been a bit difficult, but mom told
me
last week that what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger. Elder
McIntosh
has a lot of great ideas to make the work move faster, and hopefully
we
are going to be able to put it into play.

We have a ward activity this week that we are looking forward to and
trying to get many people to. We also have the All-Mission Conference
this monday coming up with President Uchtdorf. I know that it is
going
to be great, and I get to go back to see the Temple. We dont' get to
go
inside, but I get to see it!

I haven't been able to say much about the glorious birthday package
that I received. I love it! The talks and music are especially
appreciated. Hopefully I am able to get a package out in the next
week or two.
There will be a picture cd in there with the pictures of the first
couple of transfers. I haven't taken many lately. Also, don't worry
about the shoes that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago.

I love all of you, keep doing what you know is right and trying to do a
little bit more. We will be surprised what Heavenly Father will make
of us!

Elder Davies

No comments: