Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thoughts from 11/28/07

England is nothing like Americans think it is. I don't really get the tourist look at things, but it is very similar to some parts of
America. Just wait until I get into Wales!

I do not enjoy being right next to the Man U stadium and not being able to go to a game, but jerseys are cheaper here. Let me know if anyone wants anything!

What a week of opposition it has been! Satan is trying to fight against our every effort. It is good though, because we have been working hard. We are just trying to do whatever we can. That is all he asks of us. But without his help, we would not be able to do anything. Mosiah 29:20. Also, Helaman 3:19. So many great scriptures. He will lead us through!

We cannot convince anyone of this great message. It is too foreign for people, especially the people of England. We really have started to see how void of humanity this world is becoming. No one cares about anything. It is comforting to think of all of the great things that are happening though. I think of the righteous causes that my family and friends are engaged in. I am forever grateful for the life that the Lord has blessed me with. I could have been anyone of these people in the terrible circumstances that they have. It must be so hard for converts.

My first thoughts when I woke up this morning were gratitude. I woke up and just starting talking about all of the great things we have. Elder Reidhead was a little surprised to say the least. Speaking of Elder Reidhead . . . I love the guy. We are eveloping a strong relationship and are able to become great friends. It really helps the work when we feel comfortable about being totally strait-forward and honest about things.

Back to our previous converstation . . . I was just so grateful to have a body. More importantly to have a body that works with
little problem. So many people in this world don't even get to experience that, let alone the blessings that the gospel brings. That is why it is so important to tell them about the message of the restored gospel. The message that lets them know that the Father in Heaven loves them and wants them to live with him again and has sent forth a plan for them to do that. He wants to bless all of his children, and is looking for whatever way he can. Another things I am thankful for is the scriptures. There is so much contained in them. Judging by your e-mails, you all love the scriptures too. Which makes me even more thankful.

Funny enough, the quote in the quote book today was about Gratitude. It said something to the effect that Thankfulness is measured in words, but Gratitude is measured in actions. So if I really am grateful for these things, I will show the Lord my God that I am grateful. That is where faith and love come in, because they are needed to share the message. The message has eternal implications. I am beginning to understand why Elder Holland feels so strong about the work. This is somebody's
chance to understand some of the mysteries of eternity. This is their chance. It can affect Eternity. It also affects their mortal lives. Every day can be lived with more conviction and direction. More understanding and more love.

Everyday is a whirlwind of emotions. So much happens in only a few hours, that it is so hard to describe just one day. Ask my Journal. That is why it is so hard to describe more in detail how my week went. However, through the week of trials, we are starting to see a lot of blessings. We went through our area book, which describes past investigators in the area that people taught. We prayerfully searched for people to call and were able to set up a lot of appointments. I love teaching! It beats finding anyday! We had one of those lessons yesterday, and I am amazed at how well the Lord prepares people to accept the gospel. These people had a lot of concerns in the past week and were hoping that somebody would help them. They believe that when we called, we answered their prayers. They are so prepared to accept the gospel, now we have to let the spirit take over. Be the instruments!

Our work with X*** is coming along well. We are starting to leave it in her hands. She has to be able to make the decisions on her own whether to progress or not. That is the greatest gift that God has given us. It is what the whole plan is built upon. That is why Adam fell and consequently why we need the atonement. It is all centered upon God's love for us.

My scripture that helped me for the week was Alma 26:22. We have to exercise faith. That involves following the rules, commandments, and consistently trying to find people to teach. Believe that it will come! Praying is involved, or course! Missionary work is draining, but totally awesome! I try to constantly keep that outlook, but am not able to, to be honest. But it is during the tough times, not during the peak times, that God starts to mold us into his sons and daughters.

C.S Lewis is awesome. I am convinced that he has accepted the gospel. Do you think his work has been done for him? That could be a cool experience! We see miracles everyday, but sometimes I can't remember all of them. But I do know that happen. I am still working to become better at street contacting. It works best when I go in with faith, the spirit, and my own personality. The gospel is a happy message, so show it!

One of the hardest things is to try and keep track of everyone. We are doing everything we can to strengthen everyone's testimony, but it is so important to let them choose, or else they will not be converted. I guess Heavenly Father must feel a lot like that. Trying to bring everything to a perfect balance that gives us a chance to accept the gospel. He truly does bless us immensely. Through the scriptures, through our family, and especially through his prophets. Wow! I hope all of you know how lucky you are. Start and end everyday by counting your blessings, even if it means taking 10 minutes to think about it. Once you do, they will just start to flow through your mind.

Seek the spirit, and continue in righteous works! I love you, and remember the gratitude commitment I extended!

No comments: