Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12/12/07 Investigator News and a Miracle

About recent news with our investigators: We overtook an investigator named C****** from some Elders that were replaced by sisters. He is from Malaysia and has a baptismal date for January 19th. Both of my baptisms I will have basically walked into. I will get one of my own one day!! He is amazing. He has been taught basically everything, and is just waiting that long because he is going on holiday for three weeks.

During weekly planning this week we prayed specifically for X***. I had a distinct impression to commit her to baptism on the 22nd. I love the spirit. Well, the next day we approached her with it, and . . . . . . YES!!!!!! It was awesome. She took a while to sit there and think and she said that she would like it. Recently she has hesitated a bit about it, mostly because her family doesn't know a lot about it, and because she is scared to have that responsibility. But then we watched the Finding Faith in Christ DVD and the spirit was so strong. She said she was very touched, and then started talking about how a baptism would be a great Christmas present and birthday present. We are praying for everything to continue smoothly. Things with Kath are going good. We figured out some stuff about her past, so we understand that everything has to move at her pace. Each time she gets more solid about baptism. We are loving teaching her, and being blessed all over.

We had a lesson yesterday with a couple named T**** and D*****. D***** had been taught before, and told us what he thought about Joseph Smith. It was awesome. T**** is doing everything we ask her and she is alive!! While reading about the atonement the night before their lesson, I suddenly knew that we had to teach about the atonement. It just went into repentence, and then baptism. We brought it back to the restoration more, but I think if things go well tomorrow that we could date them for baptism!

We had some investigators named A****** and R***** who were from India. I am teaching people from all over the place. I think K*** is our only white, English investigator. A****** and R***** are so great and humble, but they moved to London last night. We are calling the Elders in London, and I hope to hear more about it. We had a lesson with an investigator named C****. We watched the restoration DVD, which is awesome. But her girl was out of control. She ended up slapping her hand! It was pretty shocking, and the spirit just went whoosh [meaning it left]! This week will be awesome, so I look forward to have tons to say next week.

I have to tell you about a miracle I had on Saturday. Weeks ago I met an agnostic on a bus, and we had a great chat about missionary work. I felt really bad after leaving him, because I did not leave him with anything. It was probably a new missionary just feeling like he had to give everyone a Book of Mormon or something, but I still felt bad. So I have been praying to meet D*** (that is his name) again. This is where it gets good. Forgive my lack of suspense, because this could be
great in the right hands. Well, we had an appointment set up with a man named D****l on 10 Nash Street. He had been a previous investigator of missionaries many months ago, but we got in contact with him again. So when we knocked on the door, who did I see . . . . . D***!!! I was dumbfounded. He invited us right in like he was expecting us. I asked him if he knew D****l, and he said that D****l had moved. We called D****l, and it was true. So that is another call we have to make to missionaries in another area. I couldn't imagine it. Maybe the only reason that D****l was ever taught was because I was supposed to run into D*** again, in the house that D****l used to live in!!! I Can't believe it!! D*** didn't want us to have his number, because he is searching on his own, but we gave him our number. I so hope he calls us. God may have just directed me to D*** because I prayed for it, and he was showing me the miracles that can happen with prayer. Whatever the reason, I know that prayer works. I hope we are the answer to a lot of D***'s questions, but we can only continue to pray.

B***, our recent convert, has not been praying much lately, so we committed him to pray everyday. He told us he would read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover by the end of the transfer. 17 pages a day! That was yesterday. We talked to him today, and he had read all of 1 Nephi. 53 pages!! We promised him that if he could read the Book Of Mormon in 5 weeks that his life would change, and he would look back on the last five weeks and see so much change. I love it! Last Friday I learned the secret to the gospel, but I will have to share that with you another week!

My dear family, this is an amazing time of the year. I would ask you to reach out to God's children this Christmas to those who would not have the chance to participate in the same amount of spirit we are able to. Whether it is some stranger, a family in the ward, a non-member friend, or even better a member of the family. We are so blessed to have the Chirstmas spirit that we have. Find a way to share it! Whether that is by giving of monetary blessings, or inviting others into the home to feel of the spirit, or anything.

Money may waver, where we celebrate can change, people you are around may change, but each year our testimonies can grow stronger. The greatest gift is one that doesn't run out, can be continually built upon, and is best when being shared. This gift is the great knowledge we have of the restored gospel, and the testimony we hold that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of us all!! Let someone feel of that gift! I love you all, and hope I was able to share everything. May our Father in Heaven watch over you!

Lots of Love,

Elder Jordan Davies

No comments: