Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

11/14/07 Update

We had a great week. I am getting use to street contacting. I had an interview with my mission president, and he helped me a lot. He is a great guy. This e-mail is going to be shorter, because I really have to hurry, but I want you to know that I am
working hard, I am learning a lot, I am doing great, and I want to continually hear from you all.

My companion and I taught about Love and Charity for the Zone Conference. It was something that I wanted to study up on, so it was a blessing. Love is so important for the work, because that will make you really effective and make you work really hard. We started to talk about companionship unity, and moved it into love by showing that as we develop companionship unity with our third companion that our Will will become his Will. We will be united in the same cause, and he will be able to work through us. Something I have tried to incorporate into each day is think, "If Christ were in my position, what would he be doing? I am his hands, and if he wanted to come down to do this work, he could, but he wants me to do it. So what would Christ do with the opportunites I am presented with?" It has helped me overcome some fears I have with talking to random people on the street.

We have some great investigators, but we need to start getting some new ones, because the ones we have now will either be baptised, or will be dropped soon. We are working really hard to work with members, because it is the most effective way of missionary work. I love teaching, so we are trying to set up appointments.

Prayer is amazing. We were tracting the other day, and it was not going well, but we stopped to say a prayer and everything went better. I wish my words could do justice to the amazing things that happen each day. I just need to learn from them. What is the point of being told something, if we don't do anything with it. Those who don't learn from what they hear, have no
advantage over those that can't hear.

No comments: