Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Excerpt From 10/31/07

If I had only learned one thing this week, it would be . . . Humility Preceeds Faith. I have been humbled by the Lord, by other people, by myself. It is hard, but I am just pushing through. At the end of the day, it is so worth it. Yesterday, I talked to this guy that had studied the church a lot, and didn't like it very much. He was polite, but kept on bringing up doctrine that would just make me mad. I learned that you have to walk away during those moments.

Another thing I have learned to do is to develop a love of prayer. I pray contantly everyday, and it brings that spirit, which is critical to the work. You use it to find, to teach, to know where to find, to know what to teach. It is the converter. People have to know for themselves that what we are saying is true, and that only comes through the Holy Ghost.

The work is coming along slowly, but it is only my first week. We have a baptism this Saturday, but i cannot really claim it, because the date was set before I got here. His name is D****. When they started teaching him, he was an atheist, so a pretty good job. We also have another investigator who is not really taking the lessons serious, so just jokes around the whole time. However, I do realize how hard it is to convert. A lot of people have to give up a lot of things, but that is why it is
important to promise blessings. One problem is that people only care about what happens to them in this life.

Like I was saying earlier though, read the Book or Mormon. If anyone reads that Book for two weeks, there is no way they cannot know it is true. If they sincerely read it, and sincerely pray about it. X***, an investigator, didn't really believe it. We told her to say a prayer and then just open the Book of Mormon to any random page. We were praying really hard that this would work. She did and it was perfect. She read about the importance of coming unto Christ and being baptized. We are trying to move her towards a baptismal date. It is a slow work.

The church is true!!! It makes so much sense, and the best part about it, is that I only know that through God. I am also working on looking at each person as God would. Looking at them as a child of God who he wants back into the fold.

No comments: