Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

June 22, 2009

The week was unlike any other I have experienced on my mission. I don't know if I reacted to all things in the correct way, but I was trying. I was probably a bit on the edge, and sometimes I was just a bit empty. Maybe my spirit departed for a second to go be with some of you. Throughout the week, I was often thinking of you, and feeling sad that I wasn't there to help, but I know that I wasn't supposed to be there to help. That is why this happened while I was on my mission. I love the scripture from 2 Nephi 2:24, which comes right before the 'men are, that they might have joy' scripture. I do not doubt that 2 Nephi 2:24 was placed right before the joy scripture, because an understanding of this scripture really helps us find joy in all things. It reads, "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things." I have a firm belief in that scripture. I know that all things have been done in the wisdom of God, everything about each event, even down to the timing. Knowing that will help us find joy.

I loved to hear about the funeral service. It sounds like it was wonderful. I have gone over it in my mind, and it really must have been great.

We had a somewhat difficult week with our investigators. Everything seemed to fall apart. I am so grateful for tomorrows. I love fresh starts. Not to mean that we can put things off til tomorrow, but when a day doesn't exactly work out, we still have tomorrow to keep trying.

This upcoming week is when transfers are decided, and we will find out in a week or so. Transfer day is next Wednesday, so I will not be writing next Monday. If I stay, I will write on Wednesday. If I go, I will probably end up writing on Thursday. President has recently decided that he might need this flat for a couple more transfers. He isn't sure yet, he will know this upcoming week. But because he doesn't know, he asked our landlord if he could have a week to decide before he put in his final notice. So I have no knowledge of transfers. It will be exciting to find out what is happening.

I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday about the Plan of Salvation, and specifically the role of Father in the plan, including both Heavenly Father, and our Earthly Father. I forgot to bring it with me today, so I will send it next week. I enjoyed preparing it. The ward has showed a lot of love to me over the last week. I am well looked after. They are so kind and considerate, many of them shedding tears and not quite knowing whether to try to give me a hug to comfort me, or not. It is funny as a missionary because we do come to love the members, but we can't be fully open with our feelings. We are encouraged to not give hugs to the opposite gender, specifically if they are your age. Part is for the feelings of the missionaries, but mostly so people don't get the wrong idea. That can be hard to me, because I love giving hugs . . . to everyone!

Let us all grow from grace to grace, by living obedient to receive the light which is currently available to us. Love to you all,

Elder Davies

No comments: