Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

June 15, 2009

My heart, prayers, and tears are out to you at this time. I know all will be well. I know that I feel comfort, peace, and love. I know that Jaman is alright. I do not know all of the different things that all of you are dealing with at this time. I am sure that challenges and situations are presenting themselves at every turn. For that reason my heart is out to you. I wish that I could labor by your side, but I know that God will take my place as I am laboring for Him at this time. I have been frequently reminded of the scripture in 2 Nephi 1:15. It is Nephi explaining the love and comfort he feels from the Lord. He uses the gospel-popular phrase, "I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love". I have experienced that constantly since getting on my knees after hearing the news. Many have wondered how I act as if nothing has happened and how I am coping. There are a few members that have lost their family members, and they just look at me with confused looks. I am not hiding anything, and I am not in denial. I am very open with it all. I attribute it to two things. 1 - I am not there. It is not as real for me. 2 - This plays a much larger factor, it is the knowledge of the plan of salvation. The knowledge of God's watchful eye over His missionaries, His arm of comfort, mercy, and peace.

You should all be comforted in knowing that I am not just being watched over spiritually, but temporally as well. I feel blessed to be in this wonderful ward at this time. Many have made phone calls, and visits. The Relief Society secretary asked me which days I would like meals delivered to the house. Everyone has offered their help. I have never enjoyed being a center of attention, and I honestly don't feel any physical needs. It is comforting to know that others are there, as I hope you now know that I am in good hands. As for spiritual needs, they are met by a loving Heavenly Father through the prayers of many loving, righteous family members and friends.

As I was speaking to Mom yesterday, she asked me to send something that might be able to be read at the funeral. I hope this is okay. You have the privelage of altering it if it is too long or short. I have really enjoyed reflecting upon Jaman and my love for him. Here it goes:

Dear Loved Ones,

I am honored to be writing this in memory of my great friend and brother, Jaman. I am at great peace at this time. I know the Plan of Salvation is true. I know that God has encircled me in the arms of His love. I am grateful for where I am at this time, and the blessings that God has poured down upon me. I know it was meant for me to be on a mission at this time, so I could play a role in God's plan. He has already opened the doors of opportunity for my testimonoy to be strengthened. I pray that I can be an instrument in His hands at this time.

I am still digesting much of what has happened, and my current situation is unique, but I have really enjoyed being able to reflect over the memories of and the lessons learned from Jaman. Each family member plays an important role in the make-up of his family. Jaman's mortal existance and passing have played thier respective roles in our Heavenly Father's plan. I hope that from what I share you will see the important role that Jaman played and how he will be sorely missed. In a way I am grateful to be thousands of miles away at this time, because I know that I wouldn't be able to share this with dry eyes. I apologize to the person who was chosen to take my place. Thank you.

There are too many memories of my time with Jaman to remember, but I fondly share some that have come. Jaman and I have a wonderful love for each other. I was the recepient of many of Jaman's expressions of love. We would spend many hours talking about sports, and getting our ESPN fix for the day. We would talk about all sports, from basketball to baseball, or from college football to curling. I vividly remember how we got so into the Soccer world cup, staying up all night, or 'tivo'ing the matches we would miss. I really enjoyed Jaman's gospel knowledge and insights.

He was a wonderful member of our family scripture study. I always looked forward to when Jaman would say family prayer. He was always heartfelt, selfish, and sincere.

I, along with many others, was frequently blessed with a phone call from Jaman informing us that he was on his way to subway, or Bajio, or Cafe Rio, or Wendy's, and then with the request of "What would you like?" He was frequently trying to find any occasion to give me a bit of extra cash. I always looked forward to a Big J Hug.

When Jaman thought something was funny, the whole neighborhood knew. We love his hearty laugh, it was contagious.

I was one who had the privelage of sharing a bathroom with Jaman for many years. You can only imagine what a joy that can be at times. Krista knows what I mean.

More than anything else, I will remember the way Jaman loved his neices and nephews. NOTHING is more important to him than they are. We will all remember watching him interact with each one. We knew the great size of Jaman's heart and love from those many moments of caring. I love the way he talks with them, the things he teaches them, and the way he holds the newborn babies. All babies should have a Jaman in their life.

Jaman taught me many things by word and by deed. He was a very busy person, but he always dropped anything for a family member. He would take the time to write a letter, or buy something. Family was always on his mind.

There was one member of the family that is extra special to Jaman. That is his mother. Jaman always shows Mom with great love and respect. He frequently writes secret letters of love, and presents her with a bouquet of flowers.

Jaman has a wonderful perspective. He can look at a problem with hope, faith, and insight while many of us were short-sighted.

Jaman is very practical and logical. He has a great mind. He is so smart and can figure anything out. He was often spectator to my blond moments, a rare occasion for others to observe.

Since coming on my mission, I have received many letters and e-mails from Jaman. I always looked forward to Jaman's letters, because he always made me feel special. I don't have many of the things I have received, but I always remember how fondly he talked about his mission. He frequently said he wanted to come back out and switch me places. He always shared how much he loved teaching, talking to people on the streets, and meeting with members. He ALWAYS mentioned this love for his mission.

I do, however, have a couple things I can share from what I do have.

"Elder Davies,

Hope you know how much I love you! I look forward to your e-mails and am so proud to have you as my bro. Happy Valentines! J"

"I know you're going to be a great missionary and I'm excited for you to have some of the Most Amazing Experiences of your life. My mission was both hard and very rewarding at the same time and was 2 of the Best Years of my life. I'm so glad you're my brother and I feel so lucky to know you."

"Remember How Much I Love You And How Important "The Work" you are doing is. Finish Strong And Have Faith. Miracles still Exist!"

In many, many ways Jaman will be missed. I cannot even begin to recount all the memories and lessons learned You will not find anyone else like him. No on can take his place. But he has made an eternal impression upon countless people. I love him.

I would like to finish with a quote by President Kimball:

"Being Human, we would expel from our lives physical pain and mental anguish and assure ourselves of continual ease and comfort, but if we were to close the doors upon such sorrows and distress, we might be excluding our greatest friends and benefactors. Suffering can make saints of people as they learn patience, long-suffering, and self-mastery. The sufferings of our savior were part of his education."

That applies to us today, and it was applicable to all of Jaman's life. Jaman learned much, because he struggled much. I have a testimony that the Plan of Salvation is true. I know that God has a plan, and not just a plan, but provided a way for the accomplishment the plan. It is through Jesus Christ. He lives, and because he lives, so will Jaman and so will we. I love My Savior, and I am grateful for his sacrifice with enables me to look forward to be reunited with my brother. I bear this witness in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen


Family. I look forward to hearing from you. Please document the funeral well. I love all of you.

Elder Davies

No comments: