Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008

Hello from across the 'many waters'. I guess I am right around my year mark. I just realized it this morning when looking at a calender for the first time in a couple of weeks. Well, they tell me that the second goes by faster than the first, and that is hard to imagine. It has been so fast. It makes me sad to think that it is even getting close.

Mom asked me about the top 6 lessons I have learned in my first year. I am not quite sure what is so special about the number 6, but this could be hard for me to hone in on six. Change can be so imperceptible sometimes. I started creating a list of things I would want to tell Matt and Taylor before they came out, so I guess I can just pull six off of that, though it will certainly not be comprehensive.

1. Be obedient . . . to everything.
2. Follow the Spirit that will come as a result of your obedience. It is ALWAYS right.
3. Take great advantage of the hours between 6:30 and 10. Wake up and exercise, and then have a meaningful study with great emphasis on Preach My Gospel.
4. Your loyalty is first to the Lord, then to the Mission President, and then to your companion.
5. Learn how to pray and account daily.
6. Have a willing heart and exercise you Faith.

I guess those are six of the things I would choose to share.

My three favorite memories of my first year?
That is hard . . . Christmas was a wonderful time to feel the spirit of that time even better. Also, General Conferences would have to be up there. And three would be walking home in the rain, this happens often, and feeling I have done my best.

A little about Conference. I left my notes back home, but it was a great conference. There were so many good ones. I love Elder Marcos Aidukaitis and his talk about the POWER of the Book of Mormon and how it has blessed generations. Also wonderful was Sister . . . can't remember. But it was about missionary work. Really, really good! Elder Oaks talk about the Sacrament, and all of President Eyring's talks. He is amazing!! I have grown to love him so much. Probably my absolute favorite that answered many questions was the 'Lift Where You Stand' talk by President Uchtdorf. That is all the Lord requires of us.

My companion is still doing very well. He is as forgetful as I am sometimes, and is very unaware. But I remember how that feels. He is opening up more in lessons. That is something I am working on, not talking so much. It must get very boring to our investigators.

Any Funnies? I usually don't remember these, but there are a couple. The one I remember most was absolutely great. We were walking outside on our way to Conference, i think, and Elder Weidmann just turns around suddenly and heads back to the flat. I finally saw him and realized that the color of his suit coat was different from the color of his trousers. That was funny!

V***** and L***** continue to be Stalwart. We need to have some more spiritual lessons with them, becuase they seem to thirst for it. They are still going on to the 25 of October.

K******** could find out this week about his Visa, so we are still praying hard. Other than that he is growing remarkably well.

My favorite scripture of the week. It would have to be D&C 84:88. President Eyring used it in one of his talks.

We have been able to see the Lord's hand in our day many times. The other day during a rainy time, a member had seen us on our way home and hadn't meant to travel that way, but he stopped and helped us out. A mortal angel. Also, with all of the answers I received to my prayers at conference. There is no doubt that He lives!

I love you all. The work here is going well, but Heavenly Father wants it to go better, I feel. Please continue to pray that they world be opened up and with our faith, we can be worthy of miracles.

Thank you again,

Elder Davies

No comments: