Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

October 15, 2008

We have had a good week. Liverpool is an amazing place and means a lot to me. Loving the people on the mission is an important aspect, and there are a wide variety of people in Liverpool. All of England is diverse. Heavenly Father does have a hand in this work, and many people feel like England is ready to progress rapidly. The other English missions are increasing their baptisms at a wonderful rate, while our mission has started to decline a bit. We really need to follow the guidelines of our President and have our whole heart, might, mind, and strength in the work. Nothing will serve us as well in life as these two years.

Elder Weidmann is really good. His first name is Janick. We have been on exchanges so many times these last two weeks, that I feel like I never see him. I have heard great things about him while the other missionaries were with him. I think he has amazing potential. One thing I love about him, is that he doesn't have the fear to do what is right. 'Whatever it takes' is kind of his motto.

V***** and L***** are doing well, though they don't like wearing Sunday best on Sunday. They say that God doesn't care what we wear on Sundays, as long as what is in our heart. Everything they said is true, but they can't see the bigger picture. Needless to say, we are trying to work on that with them. We have had to postpone their baptism, because Victor is having trouble getting work off on Sundays.

K******** was not able to get any news on his visa this week. He was rather sad. This man has had an incredible life. He has basically been oppressed his whole entire life. I love his amazing attitude. We take the principles of the gospel for granted! Sometimes he doesn't receive the money he is supposed to, so he just tries to get by. He wants to work for his money, and always pays people back when they give him some money. He isn't allowed to find employment, but we have been working with members to help him find some odd jobs here and there for a little cash. I told him that we need him over in the houses back home. He can do almost anything, and he works hard.

It is amazing how quickly the holidays are coming up. Halloween will be here in a couple of weeks, and then it just begins to FLY!!! By the time we know it, it will be 2009. Scary!!!! I don't like that thought. Elder Weidmann reminded me yesterday that I will never have an October 14th on my mission again. I am going through my last cycle. Thanks, Elder!

My favorite memory of the week . . . that is hard. Sacrament meeting was amazing, but I would have to say that seeing C***** again was the best. She called us a couple of weeks ago and told us she would like to see us again. She can't really take the lessons again right now, because she is so busy, but in a couple of weeks we will be seeing her. She had a really sincere desire, and still holds fast to her testimony. She hasn't been reading and praying though. When we do those things, the spirit enters our lives and leads us to repentance. We want to do what is right when we do those things. They are the small helm that guides a large ship to an eternal destination. I am sure that dozens of prophets have used that analogy before.

I feel like I have learned so much this week, through studies, e-mails, conferences, and just other things. I wish I could remember it all. I am even trying to remember spiritual thoughts from this morning, but I would like to leave you with one scripture. Our fears hold us back so much, and D&C 67:1-3 help us understand why we should not fear. His eyes are about us, the heavens AND EARTH are in his hands, and the riches of eternity are HIS to give. And then goes on to say that fear stopped us from receiving a blessing. What blessings are we missing out on. What point of further santification are we lacking? Why are we scared? Fear is the opposite to faith. Let us strengthen our faith in the Lord's promises and press forward. Read the Ensign and follow any promptings you recieve. I pray for this kind of strength, and for all of you.

I love you dearly,

Elder Davies

No comments: