Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

October 29, 2008

It has been an odd week with the transfers and the Zone Conference. A lot of traveling. This next week will not be much different, with Halloween and Guy Fawkes Day. We have special rules to stay in if we are not riding in a car on some of the days this week. So hopefully I can get much studying/sleeping/cleaning done if that has to be the case, but we are taking measures to try and work it out so we can teach during those times.

The Zone Conference was great. President Oaks is an inspiring man who knows missionary work very well. We were all edified by listening to him. He is also filled with a great love. There is no secret in why these men are so great and stick out in this world of shifting values. Hopefully, that will set us missionaries apart too, and attract the pure in heart who will help us build up Zion.

I cannot think of many other specific events this week outside of teaching appointments, so I will answer some of Mom's questions that I know you all wanted to ask anyway:

On Halloween night I am planning on being one of the most feared creatures this side of the pond. Outside of my new Rooney jersey that I could wear, I will probably just result to being a missionary, both of which strike fear into the hearts of Liverpudlians. It would be hard to imagine that I could strike fear into anyone's heart, but it is funny what some people will do to avoid us.

J******* is still going on to baptism. She lives alone and her mom is in a care center. She loves having us around, but we are trying to focus her on the right things. She wants to be baptized, and I know that the church could greatly help her, if she will let that all happen. She is about 50 years old, but seems younger.

We haven't seen K******* this week because P****, her uncle, had to go into the hospital. He is doing okay, but will not be able to be out of his bed for the next week. She lives with her mum, who will not watch after her much, so much of the responsibility falls onto P****. The dad died less than a year ago, and everyone is still struggling with that a bit, especially K*******. She loves the missionaries.

F******, V***** and L*****'s friend, is doing very well. We talked about the Plan of Salvation last time, and ended at the Atonement. She started to cry, because she asked what should be done if we are doing things wrong. We taught her about the wonderful gift of repentance and how that is made possible through the Atonement. We will be spending all of our lesson tonight on the Atonement

Little side note. I have become a decent cook with easy to make items. I don't know how to do things from scratch much, but I have been able to organize myself into making decent meals. My companion is grateful.

One thing that was great this week, is that we taught K******** at S**'s house. After Tea, we watched the Testaments and K******** was very touched. He loved the end and just kept saying 'wow'. That was good.

My three happies are the Atonement, which makes much possible. My new pictures sent to me today. And this great package I got from the family, which was letters written during Sun Valley. That was nice, and big!

I love all of you and hope that this e-mail finds you well. Keep praying for this work and looking for opportunities to contribute.

Elder Davies

No comments: