Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Monday, October 6, 2008

October 1, 2008

Some new rules, we are only allowed to e-mail family.

Mom asked me a series of questions about me and the mission. I will share my answers with all of you, because I know that although you didn't ask them, you care to hear just as much. Mom's just have that special touch.

My three happies for the week:
1. Our investigators V***** and L**** C******* are amazing. They love the lessons, especially V*****. He was so prepared. He lives all of the commandments and just soaks up what we say to him. They have accepted a baptismal date for the end of October. The members that referred them to us have been absolutely great with fellowshipping them. That is how the work is going to change in England through the members!

2. We have eaten some good food. I am trying some new recipies, and some have not been so good. Anyone have some additional easy recipies to send? I tried homemade macoroni and cheese. Let's just say I could have done better next time. But I did make some mean nachos, fajitas, burritos, pasta, and stirfry!

3. General Conference is coming up! A major bonus. I haven't been able to wait. Everything else seems to be an inconvenience while waiting for the weekend.

Any Sads for the week?
Just regular trials that come with missionary work. Wishing that we could instill our testimonies into people.

New companion?
He is great! He is nice when my cooking is bad and will basically do anything I tell him. Sometimes I joke around, but of course I tell him when I am joking, after a little bit. It is just so funny. He is very humble and kind. He learns very fast and has great spiritual insights. He will continue to grow very well.

Investigators?
We have had the great opportunity to teach many investigators lately, but we still need to keep filling our teaching pool, because we don't want that time where everyone is either dropped or baptized. As you know about V***** and L*****, they have accepted a baptismal date. Yesterday we taught the two heavy commandments, Word or Wisdom and Law of Chastity. The next one is Tithing! They accepted everything and are excited to continue on. I am excited for them to have conference. K******** is just waiting to get his visa, but his english and gospel knowledge is getting very good. J******* is still reading a lot, but we are trying to get her to stop calling and texting us so much. She was just searching for something to fill her life, and we need to let the church do that. Not much info on others.

How am I feeling?

Great. Things that are not going well will get fixed and we will just keep getting better. Nothing much more to say, except that I am gaining a bit of weight and losing my fitness. You thought I ate a lot back home, you don't know anythign yet.

I love all of you. I hope to remember everything next time,

Elder Davies

No comments: