Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Monday, October 6, 2008

August 20, 2008

We had the privelage of attending the temple today. We got a ride with two other elders from a family in the ward. The travel took longer than expected, so we are very rushed to get back to work on time. I wanted to send a really good e-mail this week, along with some pictures, but I will have to make sure to get that in next week. A couple things happened that come right to mind.

C***** is not doing well. Last Saturday she dropped the ball on one of the commandments and consequently is not being baptized this Saturday. Actually, we have lost all communication with her, as she is not answering our phone calls. She felt a lot of pressure from the way we live and doesn't think she can live to the lifestyle, but I know that she can. She is just really down right now. I wish she could see five years from now and see the difference that this decision could make in her life.

On a happier note, we found R****, the Recent Convert we have been looking for. She moved back to her old house, and we stopped by. She was surprised to see us. African people are so laid back, she didn't think we were worried about her. Let's just say that it was a relief.

On Sunday, a member from the high council gave a great talk about Family Prayer, Family Scripture Study, and Family Home evening. Back home I hadn't really caught the vision of how important these things were, but now I can see it, and I love it. I feel that I have been so blessed to have those habits in our family since I was little. I know that will have an impact on hundreds of people through future missionaries and posterity. Thank you so much for making those habits. They are eternal.

I love you all. Please pray for the people in Liverpool. We desperately need to share the gospel with them. Sorry this is short!

Elder Jordan L. Davies

No comments: