Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Sunday, September 6, 2009

August 17, 2009

I want to begin by commenting on how lucky we are to be in this family. There are few families like ours, and that isn't any boasting, because we only have this bond because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We all love each other and it comes natural to all of us! I want you all to know how much I genuinely and sincerely care about all of you. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much. We are all so lucky to have the Mother and Father that we do. We can put our family closeness down to the fact that they have made the gospel a priority in our home. I wish more people cared about their kids enough to realize that the best thing they could do for them is bring them unto Christ. We have all been and still are like Mom and Dad's "Eternal Investigators". That never ends.

Mom sent me the words to a song that talked about being Brave, Strong, and True. It reminded me of missionary work, of course. We do brave things that are sometimes uncomfortable, strange to others, or new to us. What moves us to do those things? What is our compelling force? The great cause!! When we wake up and don't know if we can do it anymore, or don't know how we will find the courage to continue on, we must think of what we are fighting for!! Salvation, Exaltation, Eternal Life, Forever Families!! This is applicable to all things in life. Parenthood especially. Why do parents work endless hours, wake up at ridiculous times, give all they have to their children, make meal after meal, clean up mess after mess, and all the other things only parents fully know about???? Because of love and the great cause!! That is why the knowledge of the gospel changes us, it teaches us the great cause!!! That motivates us to fight for right. "Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to victory!" D&C 128:22

So about Elder Forward. He is awesome. He is such a cool guy. I definitely would have tried to be his friend back home. He comes from a really gospel-rich family. Seventh Generation!!!!! From Wales, that is unheard of. When everyone was sailing over to America, his family was one of the few that stayed. He lives in Southern Wales in a town close to Cardiff called Cwmbran. That is in the area they call "The Valleys". Wales is so beautiful. There is sooooooo much I haven't seen. I will have to come back maybe a couple of times.

I am so happy I get to finish in Wales. There is something that draws me to this country. When I first came out, I had absolutely no desire to come here, but I love it. And to be honest, I am hardly in Wales. It is so English in this part of Wales. I also love England, and want to see more of it someday. But there is beauty and amazing things everywhere. I am especially glad to spend more time in Wales, because I am hoping to go to a town called Ruthin sometime this transfer. Some of our ancestors come from that town and some outlying towns around it. I would love to get some pictures and look for some things that are Davies-ish. If anyone knows anything else about our ancestors in Wales, please let me know.

Yesterday, we were at a members home called the Kinouchi's. We have been going through a member focused proselyting activity with them. It involves them making a list of the people they know and praying to ask God whom they can work with. They then set goals on specific activities and work on that activity first. They seemed quite hesitant the first lesson, and at the beginning of the second lesson yesterday. They hadn't really kept the assignments between the lessons, and I was a bit discouraged. We asked them if we could pray right then and there with them to pick up to 10 names from their list. They were once again a bit hesitant, but agreed to do so. We prayed and had silence for quite a long time. We asked if anyone had received any inspiration, and they had! They were getting excited about it, and started to list off some names. Some members of the family were a bit more excited than others, but it was cool to see how they suddenly had names stick in their minds and had already started to talk about ways they could invite them.

My favorite scripture of the week comes from D&C 50: 40-45. We are his children, so there is no need to fear. The winds and waves still know His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below. He has overcome the world, He has all power, and He extends that to us. I would type it up, but I want you all to go read it.

Also, I love the Book of Mormon. It is so cool!

I love you all. Please continue to pray for us. I love being a missionary and want to serve Him well.

Love,

Elder Jo

No comments: