Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Monday, March 30, 2009

March 29, 2009

Like Utah, England has decided to have cold, windy, rainy weather recently, except yesterday of course, because it was Sunday. We were looking forward to our ultimate frisbee game today, and it is looking like we were still be able to do it, but yesterdays weather would have been nice. England weather seems to change many times throughout the day. The clouds move so quickly here.

From what I hear, everyone is very excited for Conference this weekend. It makes my heart rejoice to hear each one of you express your love for the gospel and the words of modern day prophets. We are so blessed, but we are not loved more than anyone else. Everyone deserves to have the blessings that we do. It is easy for us to feel those now, and difficult for others to do so, so we usually have to show them by the way we live that the principles of the gospel form the only way to true peace and happiness. Seeing that example is so important, we have a great responsibility of providing that and giving simple testimonies to others. The Lord will guide us.

This is our first full week in our old area. We have very few investigators. It is not fun, but we are learning even more about finding, and especially working with the great, and pure-hearted members in this area. There are so many wonderful people quietly doing their jobs. I have probably never had a time in my mission where I have had to find as much as I am now. I am learning a lot. I believe the Lord is teaching me specific things for this time. One of the bright spots, however, is J**.

I have told you a bit about J**. He keeps coming to church. His wife is Less-active, and he hasn't started working on her yet, but he is working on his Less-active mother. It is great to see how the gospel teaches people to reach out to others. J**'s kids are also starting to gain an interest in the gospel.

I am sorry this is quite shorter than other e-mails. WE have a train to catch to get to our Zone Activity. I want all of you to know that I am doing very well. I am ever grateful to be involved in this refining process, and ever grateful for you-my pillars of strength. I have a testimony of the gospel and the understanding that it brings into our life. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission, and I want you to know that I pray for you daily.

I love you,

Elder Davies

No comments: