Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Monday, March 30, 2009

March 4, 2009

We have an interesting transfer ahead of us. Elder Carter and I were serving in Burnley North, and Elder Nelson and Elder Napier were serving in Burnley South. Next to Burnley is an area called Blackburn. Elder Szauter was serving with Elder Stevens in Blackburn. Today, Elder Stevens went to serve somewhere else, and Elder Szauter was going to train a new missionary, BUT the new missionaries have had trouble coming because of their Visa's. So, President sent Elder Napier to serve with Elder Szauter until the new missionary comes, and Elder Carter and I moved down to Burnley South to serve with Elder Nelson. So for the next couple of weeks, there will be three of us serving together! Elder Nelson, as Mom knows, went to High School with me, so it is very funny. We will still be teaching the people in our area who are progressing well. It is only a 30 minute bus ride up to our flat. We will be in this trio until the new missionary comes, if he is able to get his Visa. They only think it will take a couple of weeks. We moved some of our stuff down to this flat, and the other flat will just be empty until further notice. That is my crazy, semi-transfer.

Not much has happened since last week. We have been doing a lot of finding, but haven't been finding many interested people. It baffles my mind, but I can't really explain the difficulties without some of you coming out and trying it. That is usually how we learn things. Returned missionaries will understand what I am saying.

D**** M***** should be getting baptized on the 14 of March. He is finally to a point where he is ready. The Elders down here have a couple of people dated for baptism, so we just picked up some solid investigators!!

We have been teaching someone who has Schizophrenia. It is really hard for her. We are helping her to quit smoking, but the voices in her head say awful things to her. I might have told you this last week. We have found a lot of great people, but haven't had much progression with any of them yet. I talked to this really cool girl from South Africa. It was so refreshing to see someone who could carry a really good conversation with you. She was really nice. She showed some solid interest in the church and I really hope that she gets in touch with missionaries, like she said she would.

Everyday we meet many people. I know that I am learning a lot from these great experiences, but I am sure that the whole lesson for me will continue to be unfolded throughout my life.

I love you all, and am so grateful for the things I have learned from each of you.

Elder Davies

No comments: