Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Saturday, February 14, 2009

January 28, 2009

We are buried and engaged in the work here in England, and the Lord has blessed us greatly. We can make a lot of mistakes throughout the day, but each time we exercise even the smallest amount of faith, we receive the Lord's blessings. I have never had a week like this one where something unusual has happened almost every day. I will recap it for you.

Friday: We taught the L******'s(M****** and C********). They hadn't really been progressing much lately, and we taught a lesson that we knew C******** would struggle with. She doesn't have a firm testimony of the Prophet Joseph and we were going to teach her about the Word of Wisdom, which she struggles with. She committed to start making the change and cutting down. We don't know how much she has done yet, but she was surprisingly positive about it.

After that we went down to a lesson with a Bosnian lady named H*****. We had never talked to her. The other Elders had found her, and she lived in our area, so we were hoping that she was still planning on the lesson. When we got there she was asleep. Her son woke her up and she came down to talk to us. She told us that she had fallen asleep around 5, because she was not feeling well, and asked us why we were calling at such an early hour. We told her that it was 7:00. She said she needed to get her son to school at 7:30 and she had to reschedule. We asked if he had night school. She seemed confused, so we deducted that she thought it was morning!! I wanted to tell her that there was no way I would be coming to her house at 7:00 in the morning. She came to realize that it was evening and she hadn't actually slept all night. She still told us that she had to reschedule. Elder Carter and I had a good laugh!

Saturday: We went tracting in a small area a bit outside of the main area on a road called Alma Avenue. It is actually quite a popular name in England. We tracted into a mom and dad that had 4 girls. The mom's name was T******. She was an incredible lady. She has never been a part of a religion, but she is so close to God and understands her connection with him so well. Everything she was saying completely agreed with everything we taught. They are very impressive people. She didn't seem too excited at our message, because she isn't looking for anything, but we got into a door! We are going to try to see her again, but I can hardly explain how cool everything was that she was saying. So positive and uplifting.

Sunday: Z*** and P*** fed us. I don't think the chicken was quite done, because it seemed like i was tearing it off the bone. And the blood pockets didn't help. I only took one bit, and that was enough. I was worried that I would get Salmonella and my Tuesday morning experience almost confirmed my worry. However, I was okay. We were not sure at the reason why Z*** and P*** kept inviting us over, because they weren't coming to church or making any progress. We stated our purpose in coming, and got a good response. P*** told us that he would do everything if he received an answer to his prayer that the Book of Mormon was true. That was really nice.
Later that night we were about to go in, and saw a young girl walking on the street. Usually we don't talk to younger people, but this conversation went really well. She was happy to receive a Book of Mormon and we are going to try to contact her this weekend. It was just cool to see how we could have gone in a couple minutes early, but because we were doing what is right, Heavenly Father blessed us.

Monday: P****** received a spiritual experience while reading 1 Nephi 8 in the lesson. He suddenly had a strong desire to read the Book of Mormon and he felt something go through his body. He wondered what it was. We explained that he had a confirmation of the truth. It was great to watch that happen.

Tuesday: We were tracting in an area that is kind of far away. A man who is a brother of a member in Utah picked us up at the bus stop and gave us a lift. He has heard a lot about the church, and isn't interested, but I don't believe that it was coincidence that we were there when we were. It could have gone so many different ways.

There are more, and the ones I explained aren't even clear enough. It is so hard to explain all of it and explain it in such a way to make it completely make sense. I just want you to know that it was great!

I was going to send some pictures, but I forgot to bring the cable to my camera. I will have to send some next week, and describe my companion in a better way. Sorry, but I have to get going.

I love you all and thank you for the love and support you lend me. Maybe I will be able to send a letter with everything else that wasn't in here!

Elder Davies

No comments: