Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 11, 2009

I wasn't able to climb Pendle Hill last week. There was an Elder who is afraid of heights, and was only able to get a hundred steps up. Someone had to stay with him, because we can't be on our own as missionaries, so I stayed behind. Elder Carter got some good pictures at the top. I hope you enjoy them!

It continues to be cold and a bit snowy here. A month or two, and I will be out of the English cold. Yes!! We stay pretty warm though if we bundle up. Nothing to worry about.

The work this week proved to be interesting again. We have had some trouble getting investigators to keep commitments, and to get potential investigators to keep appoinyments. It blows my mind that no one wants to listen. It all comes down to them just not understanding. I wish I could explain it in the way that I know it. They are not having a fair chance to say yes or no.

There is a family that just started to come to our ward. They were going to a ward just outside of this ward, and are now coming to ours. It is cool, because they are kind of in a far out area, so we get to see them sometimes. We saw them this week. One of the ladies is a part-member family. The husband isn't interested yet, but we were able to meet him. He is such a nice guy. He would be a great member.

We have started a stop-smoking workshop with one of our investigators named P******. It is a seven day thing that guarantees they will be able to give it up, if they follow the steps. It is pretty cool. There is a lot to do in the 15 steps, some of them can seem silly, but it works. He has been doing alright for the first two days. I hope he can make the changes. Neither him or D**** were at Chruch on Sunday. We are not supposed to teach people if they don't keep the commitments we leave with them. Many of our investigators are not keeping them.

I can't think of any great finding situations that happened, just a principle. It is easier to keep the commandments than not to. We just feel so much better. That is why they were given. In John 15:9-15 we learn the relationship between love and the commandments. It is so true, so true. Especially v.13, when he tells us that he tells us these things that we can have a fuller joy. That is my scripture thought for the week.

We got to play football today for a Zone Activity. We have such a great zone, and some great zone leaders. That is one of my happies for the week. Another one is the beautiful countryside of England. There is so much to see, and so little opportunities to see it. My third happy is my family. I am continually amazed at how great you all are. Thank you so much for your love and support.

I love you all, 'til next week. T'rah

Elder Davies

No comments: