Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Things are GREAT! January 9th

Dear Family,

YES!!!! What a week. I can hardly even remember everything that has happened. I wish I could tell you everything, but I really can't remember most of it. It is funny how things from weeks ago will come into my memory. So you will hear a lot when I get back, and am reminded of things. I just want you all to know that I am GREAT!!! The work is going forward, and I thank God everyday that I get to join in the effort. It is certainly not easy, but it is so important and we get to learn a lot. I felt that I have learned a lot in the past week, but mostly just how to relax, work hard, and be myself. I have seen the fruits of a
lot of my laboring lately, and we are being so blessed. I know that this will continue IF we continue to do what is right and bring the Lord into everything we do. It is definitely something that I have learned, to bring the Lord into everything we do. I am trying to develop habits that will serve me the rest of my life.

Anyway, as just a basic run-down. I am learning a lot, we are having blessings heaped upon us, and all is well. I am learning how to focus in on myself a little bit, and just trying to make sure that I am doing the right things. Of course, I want Elder Reidhead to do the right things too, but as we work together in unity, the Lord solves my problems a whole lot better than I
ever could. This is a true principle for life. We have just had a lot of fun, and are staying on top of everything. We have been able to teach a lot lately, but with finding in between our appointments. We have found some absolutely amazing people, and are just trying to continue to refresh our teaching pool with people, while trying to stay up with our old investigators too. So much to do. Thank you for the Spirit to guide and direct us. We have learned a lot about Gratitude, and how the Lord blesses us even more when we are grateful for what we receive. Things has happened that we could be really down about. We have had a lot of appointments fall through, and some people start to disappear, but we see the bad and just appreciate the good. We had a gratitude fast on Sunday, and we have just been so happy with what is happening.

I have been learning so much from the Alma chapters about missionary work. The Book of Mormon truly is for our day. I am seeing things in there and in Preach My Gospel that just fit together perfectly. I am just continuing to be brought up to a whole new level of understanding. I really like looking at the big picture and seeing how each thing we learn can play a role in our life. And looking at the role that the mission is going to play in my life. What is comes down to is just trying to do what is right, trying to be like Jesus. As we try our best, we are forgiven and lifted to new heights.

I will just choose two miracles for the week. We are getting D*** to read the Book or Mormon and he is on fire. He has been reading so much lately and just loves it. We were trying by on some people on Monday who use to be investigators and we starting talking to this lady on the street. She invited us in and we taught her and her husband. They are coming to church on Sunday and we are teaching them later that day. We have so many people who are planning on coming to church. Yesterday, we went to an appointment we had scheduled from a contact from another missionary. He is buddhist, but believes in God. We taught him about the Atonement, and were able to get him really interested. We are meeting with him tomorrow too, so I will let you know about more next week.

My favorite scripture: That is a hard one. I have been reading between 14 and 22 of Alma and there is so much. I love Alma 22:16, actually just the whole chapter, because is shows a lot of great missionary lessons about teaching people. Alma planted the seed, and then Aaron used the scriptures to expound. Suddenly, the Kind is interested and starts to desire Eternal Life. Aaron gives him a great commitment. Next thing you know, 7 Lamanite cities are converted. I love it!

I love all of you. Thank you for your hard work in everything that you do and your prayers. I really feel them. Continue to pray for hearts to be softened around the world. The world needs the gospel, not just to make it better, but to save souls! We are seeing miracles from our loving Father in Heaven, and he wants us to be a powerful people. I love you all,

Elder Davies

No comments: