Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! It has been such a crazy couple of weeks. Buses not running, people making silly excuses, zone conferences, etc. Much different from the rest of my mission, and I am just excited to get back into the hard and rewarding work. There have been too many moments in the past few weeks that I have not felt like a missionary. I know that I am still a human being and not a robot, but we are here to do missionary work. We can do that other stuff later. I know that as we sacrifice and follow every commandment to the best we can, that amazing miracles were happen even more often in the work. We see miracles everyday, literally every single day! I know that God lives! I could spend a long time telling you about each one, but sadly enough there is a such thing as time. Also comes the problem that I probably couldn't name every one. So much happens in a day, that I struggle to write in my journal at night. I will have no good documentation of my mission!!!! I am just teasing. Mom challenged me to share at least one a week, and I will limit myself to one. Though it is just one, it is absolutely amazing.

We have been teaching X*** for quite a while now, and have probably dated her (for baptism) about 3 times. She keeps on being silly about it, and we honestly had run out of ideas, because obviously she needs something more than just the doctrine. It has to mean more to her in her life. One of the problems was with the language, and also thinking that is was just a English church. Needless to say, we have been praying for an answer or something that we could do to help her out. Well, a couple of weeks ago we, as a ward, passed out Christmas cards to the surrounding area inviting them to come to church. We didn't get much of a response, but last week we had a girl walk into the chapel, and we went up to talk to her after Sacrament meeting. Well, she is about X***'s age. She speaks X***'s language, and she comes from the same town as X***!! In Manchester! Right near our chapel! I couldn't believe it. We are starting to teach her, and now her and X*** are becoming friends. I have to go quick, but that is the miracle in a nutshell.

No comments: