Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Companion 1/16/2008

Well, today was transfers, and . . . I am still in Stretford. However, Elder Reidhead moved on to the highest baptizing area in the mission. That is Telford. So my new companion came in from Lancaster. His name is Elder Hill. He has been out for 6 months. He is from Syracuse, Utah. He is a really great guy and has had some great success on his mission. He seems like a very smart Elder, which will be really nice for me. He is also very personable, so our ward will like him also. He is about 6 foot 1, has the same hair color as I(maybe a little darker), and has a fun personality. I think he will be a little more serious than Elder Reidhead. It will be different, but really great. I am excited to get back to work with him. Let's go forward and Baptize a
nation!

Well, this week has been pretty great, only because I am making it that way. We had a lot of people cancel on us. Last week total, I think we had 10 cancelled appointments, which is a lot for us. It was hard to continue to get things organized, because we have a lot of investigators we are trying to get back in contact with, and a bunch of new ones we are trying to keep contact with. Let's just say my pocket is being burned by the phone bill. We also got a bunch of contacts from our Zone
Leaders that we are trying to call and find the potential in there.

I have a question for all of you. What are some good ideas you have teaching little kids, or even teaching principles, in a simple and fun way. It really helps people to get more involved. I need to start creating my repitoire with that, and we all know how my creative mind works.

We have been teaching M***, our Buddhist friend, a lot. It is really nice that he is so available to teach. He just asked us about Baptism last time out of the Blue. He has a lot of opposition coming after him, but he is an honest guy, and loves the teachings.

Also, we challenged two of our investigators to pray about Baptism, and are meeting with them tomorrow about their answer. I have a good feeling about it, and hope that they feel great.

I love you all. I feel your support. I love the work and our Savior. God hears and answers our prayers. I pray for you everyday. All my love,

Elder Davies

No comments: