Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 11, 2009

It was wonderful to talk to you and feel of your love and your perspective. It strengthened me and gave me greater love and perspective. We do have a wonderful family, and I really enjoyed having family prayer with all of you. I could imagine all 15 of you, or whatever it was, kneeling in our spacious living quarters(houses over here a so much smaller).

We had a great week, and are really looking forward to M***'s baptism this week. I love the work and the things it teaches us. I love how we can become more like Christ. I hope to achieve greater love like He has. Greater selflessness, and a greater ability to submit myself. These things come slowly as we seek to change our behavior.

I had a good birthday this week. We didn't really take time to celebrate of course, but I really loved my package. The Beef Jerky was amazing!! I also received a camera and some wonderful cards. Thank you all so much for your birthday wishes.

I will send some pictures that have been taken with the camera over the last couple of days.

On Friday, we were on our way home from an appointment with a member, and we were able to stop by on one potential Investigator on our way home. She let us in, and her daughter sat and listened too. They aren't really looking for anything in particular, but they were happy to let us in and talk to us a bit. They were a great family, and we focused on that. Family is very important to her. She tries very, very hard to keep her family intact, but I recognized some very big differences that the gospel makes in the effort to keep a family intact. It becomes an Eternal Pursuit. There is just such a big difference.

One of my favorite scriptures of the week is found in Ether 12. It is verse 37. Moroni is told that if he has charity, it doesn't matter that others don't. I liked that scripture because we just need to work out our own salvation. We can invite others, but we can't force them. At the end of the day, if you have done all you can, the ball is in their court.

I hope all is well with you. I look forward to hearing from you next week.

Elder Davies

No comments: