Current Mission Address

Mission Office Address
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Ste G5
Booths Park, Knutsford, WA168QZ
ENGLAND

Current Physical Address
2 Golftyn Drive
Connah's Quay
WALES

Monday, December 22, 2008

December 11, 2008

I was transferred from Liverpool yesterday to the Burnley ward. That is why I am writing today. Burnley is in Lancashire, which is just North of Greater Manchester. It is in the Chorley stake, which is the same stake as the Temple. That is very nice. This area is very different from other areas. More rural, and very beautiful and hilly. I am serving with Elder Rawlings. He is from Idaho. He is a great guy and they have some good things going on up here in Burnley. He is from Idaho, and has been out on his mission for about 5 months.

My head is a bit of a whirlwind right now with the transfer. I basically traveled all of yesterday. There never seems to be enough time for everything. The mission doctor has been telling us to take time to actually relax, and also to eat well. This takes careful planning, and usually more time . . . more time than we have.

We said goodbye to everyone on Tuesday and Monday. No one really cried, which is good because I don't like to watch people cry. We were also able to see C*****, who gave me like 5 Christmas presents. She is great. I look forward to being able to go back to Liverpool. I feel like a new missionary again in Burnley, with a couple of missionary skills. The mission is great, and we just have to keep on running. Preparation really is key, and I am so proud of Taylor and his preparation. What an inspiring example.

I don't really know what to tell you about the last week. Liverpool seems to have gone like . . . that! We have a Zone Conference next week at the Temple, which I am more than excited for.

My favorite scripture of the week is from I Corinthians, I think it is Chapter 12. It is when Paul glories in his weaknesses, because it allows him to apply the atonement of Christ. That is how I am feeling right now, very weak and humbled. These times are good for us, and I am sure that I will see some great growth from it.

I am sorry that this is so short. I love you all, and look forward to giving you a better e-mail next week.

Elder Davies

No comments: